Understanding what and how cybersecurity matters can include many facets of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC). Knowing how to apply solutions that can reduce risks to organizations is an important topic that our GRC practice can help address. SyCom can provide experienced consultants who can bridge the security divide between technology and organizational success. Our security experts have experience in PCI, HIPAA and NIST 800-171 compliance programs.
- Compliance Gap Assessments — In these engagements, we focus on a specific compliance consideration. We work to understand the data that needs to be regulated; evaluate specific regulatory requirements; baseline specific administrative, physical and technical controls; and provide a set of findings and recommendations to assist in closing any compliance gaps.
- Cybersecurity Assessments — In these engagements we leverage a blend of expertise focusing on applicable business security considerations, like policies and compliance, and combine all findings into a single holistic Cybersecurity Risk Assessment, which helps us develop a Cybersecurity Roadmap. This can be tailored to focus on guidance, readiness, and maintenance of compliance needs.
- Fractional Staffing Solutions — We can provide services in a part-time role to augment your team without having to incur the expense of a full-time resource. This seasoned professional can help augment your team through either Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) services or Network Security Architect services.
Our GRC Practice
- Governance —
- How do policies, procedures, cultural agendas, and personnel affect Information Technology and Security decisions?
- What policies, procedures, and governance structures are appropriate for a given environment?
- Risks —
- What are the critical assets in an Information Technology program?
- What are the business impacts of these assets to the organization?
- What are the threats and vulnerabilities to these assets?
- Compliance —
- What business regulations are required of your organization?
- Do you handle credit cards? Health care data? Do you handle data that falls under the scrutiny of NIST 800-171 or GDPR?
- All of these and more are important to operate an organization today. Non-compliance can lead to regulatory fines, reputational concerns and a myriad of other items to consider.