- The purpose for this policy is to establish a culture of security and trust for all patrons of SyCom Technologies (SyCom). An effective privacy effort involving the participation and support of all SyCom employees can greatly protect documents and other electric data that contain sensitive information about our clients, customers and vendors. All employees should familiarize themselves with the guidelines of this policy.
- It reduces the threat of a security incident as confidential information will be managed in a consistent manner.
- Customers or patrons of SyCom can better understand how their data is utilized.
- All staff, employees and entities working on behalf of SyCom are subject to this policy.
- This content applies to all electronic systems, database, web sites, or applications, internal or external to which customer data is entered.
- Adhere to the guidelines as written below. The content below is designated and shareable with SyCom patrons and customers.
- Any employee found to have violated this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Revision History
- Policy is in effect on November 1, 2012
- Document revised on October 1, 2012
SyCom Technologies (SyCom) is very sensitive to privacy issues on the Internet. We believe it is important that you understand how we treat the information you may provide to us. Unless specifically stated otherwise, the information you provide is never shared with anyone other than SyCom employees or authorized contractors. SyCom never trades or sells its personal information.
This privacy statement applies to information collected by web addresses in the sycomtech.com, sycomlab.com and other domains owned and operated by SyCom, hereafter referred to collectively as SyCom.
How We Gather Information
To save you time and make our web services even easier to use, you may be allowed to create a SyCom account using your personal information. If you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you via phone, in person, or through web-based forms. You must provide contact information (such as name, email, and address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date, payroll data). We use this information for billing purposes and to fulfill your request. If we have trouble with your request, we will use this information to contact you. We also use the mailing address to send you brochures, literature, and other items relevant to your relationship with SyCom.
Some SyCom events are co-sponsored by other organizations. Events that are held in conjunction with private industry, government agencies, or education institutions are examples of such. When you register for one of these events, the co-sponsoring organization may have access to your registration data. The co-sponsor may use this information for purposes related to the event and may share it with others or use the data for marketing purposes.
As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the site, and to track how visitors interact with the site.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as the portal, contests or surveys, will be limited and you may need to reenter personal information when you register for events.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
SyCom safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. Likewise, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. These precautions include changing your password often, using a combination of letters, numbers and symbols, and using a secure browser.
The SyCom website uses SSL v3 and TLS v1 encryption on all web pages where personal information is submitted. This protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information as it is transmitted over the Internet.
SyCom does not store credit card numbers on our servers. Credit card numbers are submitted to a credit card authorization service. This service provides SyCom with credit card validation information only.
SyCom may employ independent contractors to help manage data services, and such contractors may have access to data, similar to the access we give our employees. Also, SyCom may store sales account data, including personally identifiable information, with a third party application service provider.
Newsletters and Promotional Email
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and promotional communications from SyCom, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication.
Links to Other Sites
The SyCom web site contains links to other sites that are neither owned nor controlled by SyCom. Please be aware that SyCom is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
SyCom does not sell or trade your personal information. We may at times receive contact lists from other organizations. We may send mailings such as brochures to these addresses. Typically, these are one-time mailings, and the data is not entered into our database. If you want to remove yourself from the third party’s database, you must contact them directly.
Changes to This Privacy Statement