Why SyCom for Networking?
SyCom’s networking practice focuses on designing and implementing networks to provide secure access to corporate networks. Our experienced team goes beyond traditional switching and routing to leverage the advanced capabilities of our partner’s hardware and software platforms, resulting in stable, redundant, scalable and secure solutions.
SyCom’s networking solutions primarily feature Cisco Systems products. Each team member holds multiple Cisco certifications with two CCIE’s, twelve CCNP’s (6 RS, 2 Security, 3 Wireless, and 1 Voice), one CCDP, and multiple CCNA’s and CCDA’s. In addition, other industry and vendor certifications are maintained including one CISSP. Our team has also achieved specializations in Advanced Security Architecture, Advanced Enterprise Networking, Cisco Sourcefire and Cisco Identity Services Engine.
Our Networking Solutions:
- Secure Access – Specialize in implementing Cisco’s Identity Services Engine allowing policy driven differentiated access via wired, wireless and VPN. Excellent solution for BYOD, VPN access and controlling access on wired ports.
- Wireless – Expert level site surveying, designing and implementation of 802.11g/a/n/ac Cisco controller based wireless and Meraki cloud based wireless.
- Perimeter Security – Internet Edge security solutions including Next Generation Firewall Services leveraging Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), URL filtering, and Application Visibility and Control.
- Enterprise WAN – Specialize in design and implementation of a wide array of WAN solutions. Experienced in building optimized redundant WAN networks utilizing DMVPN over both MPLS and Internet transports coupled with Performance Routing to optimize path selection.
- Enterprise Security – Leveraging VRF technology to design enterprise and campus networks separating routing domains allowing firewall services between domains. This provides an excellent solution for corporations required to meet PCI or other compliances.
- Threat Prevention – Advanced threat discovery and prevention solutions to protect from organizations from malware and cyber threats.
Hospital Customer Solutions:
- Redesigned network with fully redundant architecture, eliminating any single point of failure providing 10GE and 40GE+ interconnects
- Upgraded Core with Nexus 7K’s utilizing VDC to separate Core, Datacenter and DMZ networks
- Implemented Data Center Interconnect (DCI) utilizing Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV)
- Accurate, thorough, and usable network documentation
- Increased reliability and performance with room to grow
- Seamless redundant datacenter solution
- Scalable hierarchical design enables rapid response to new services
Banking Customer Solutions:
- Deployed Cisco Centralized Wireless Infrastructure
- Implemented Cisco Prime Infrastructure Management
- Designed secure corporate wireless and guest wireless SSIDs
- Consistent wireless experience across all locations
- Segmented Visitor/Vendor access
- Ease of Wireless network management and configuration
Energy Customer Solutions:
- Implemented 802.1x and ISE for port level authentication and policy driven differentiated access
- Leveraged Security Group Tagging (SGT) and Security Group ACL to optimize enforcement in datacenter firewall
- Implemented Zone Based Firewall in Cisco routers across the MPLS corporate WAN
- Successfully passed penetration testing
- Reduced access control complexity
- Dramatically increased visibility throughout the network
Accounting Customer Solutions:
- Phased migration of both datacenters to outsourced facility
- Phased migration to single MPLS for primary WAN
- Implemented Cisco IWAN technologies; DMVPN for secondary WAN with Zone Base Firewall for branch internet security
- Implemented Next Generation Firewall with Intrusion Prevention, Advanced Malware protection and URL filtering
- Centralized, high available secure datacenter
- Consistent security policies
- Reliable and automated branch site redundancy
Case Studies/Proof Sources:
Technology Promotes Education
The saying “you’ve gotta give credit where credit is due” is exceptionally literal for Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. Recently becoming recognized as one of the most successful academic institutions in the country, Liberty University can thank its ability to support the huge influx of students, faculty, and staff to the updated technology infrastructure of their data center. READ MORE…